Aman, the 40-property collection of exclusive retreats, was preparing to open its first city resort, the Aman Tokyo. With only two months before opening LDPR needed to ignite interest and build up enough buzz to propel the hotel through its critical early years. Using Aman’s remarkable brand equity LDPR launched an aggressive campaign that balanced outreach, visits and social media activity to grab and sustain the attention in all niche markets from general travel to spa and design.
- THESE STRATEGIES SPARKED AN EXTRAORDINARY BUZZ THAT IS CONTINUING TO BUILD EVEN TODAY.
- IN THE FIRST TWO MONTHS, LDPR SECURED 80 PLACEMENTS THAT COMMUNICATED AMAN’S BRAND PILLARS – TRANQUILITY, SECLUSION AND IMPECCABLE SERVICE.
- INITIAL STORIES APPEARED IN SUCH PRESTIGIOUS OUTLETS AS WSJ., THE NEW YORK TIMES, DEPARTURES, ARCHITECTURAL DIGEST AND FORBES.
- LDPR CONTINUED THE MEDIA MOMENTUM WELL AFTER OPENING, GARNERING MORET HAN 100 STORIES IN HIGH LUXURY CONSUMER LIFESTYLE, TRAVEL AND TRADE MEDIA.
The top tourism hot spot in the state of New South Wales, Australia is undoubtedly Sydney, with millions of travelers flocking to the city each year. Looking to boost visitation across the state, Destination NSW placed a PR focus on its lesser-known regional destinations. The team researched buzz-worthy locales to lure U.S. travelers out of Sydney and identified an opportunity to spotlight Byron Bay, an incredible outpost of natural wonders and culinary delights located two hours North of Sydney (and where Australian actor Chris Hemsworth calls home). Through a series of media visits and strategic pitches, LDPR put this laid back coastal town on the map with U.S. travelers.
- FOOD & WINE AND BON APPETIT MULTI-PAGE PRINT FEATURES HIGHLIGHTING BYRON BAY AS A CULINARY MECCA
- SECURED 31+ PAGES OF PRINT COVERAGE AND 10 DIGITAL PLACEMENTS
- 50 MILLION PRINT + DIGITAL IMPRESSIONS
- $14 MILLION PR VALUE
- 6.9% INCREASE IN INTERNATIONAL VISITATION TO BYRON BAY / NORTH COAST
- BYRON BAY / NORTH COAST IS NOW #1 NSW REGION FOR US VISITORS OUTSIDE OF SYDNEY
Operating on all seven continents with 55 offices in more than 30 countries around the globe, tour operator Abercrombie & Kent has long been lauded as a leader in the luxury travel space. With robust experience on land and in the air, A&K took to the water to customize cruise itineraries focusing on the destination over the ship. Dubbed “cruising for the non-cruiser,” A&K’s Luxury Expedition Cruising had been floating among a crowded market and needed a fresh approach. In a sea of competition and a heavily saturated media market, LDPR was tasked with highlighting an already existing product as “new” and putting A&K’s luxury chartered journeys at the forefront of cruising.
- TV BROADCAST ON GOOD MORNING WASHINGTON
- 23 PRINT STORIES IN A-LIST PUBLICATIONS INCLUDING ROBB REPORT, THE NEW YORK TIMES’ 52 PLACES TO GO, AFAR, MODERN LUXURY, TOWN & COUNTRY AND MORE
- 42 DIGITAL FEATURES IN HIGH TRAFFIC CONSUMER OUTLETS INCLUDING LA TIMES, DEPARTURES, TRAVEL +LEISURE, ETC.
- TRADE STORIES IN CRUISE CRITIC, TRAVEL PULSE, TRAVEL AGENT
- A&K POSITIONED AS EXPERTS ON ANTARCTICA AT NYC ROUND TABLE WITH NINE TOP EDITORS
- 205+ MILLION IMPRESSIONS, WITH $4.15 MILLION PR VALUE; 4,500+ WEB REFERRALS
Rugged and romantic, Scotland is an incredibly alluring destination – its Highland hills, whisky and ample outdoor activities have been enticing travelers for years. But a culinary destination? Americans were still expressing a bit of hesitation. LDPR was challenged with putting Scotland’s culinary scene at the forefront of travelers’ “to-do” lists alongside its world-class outdoor pursuits. Aiming to secure coverage beyond traditional travel media, the PR team targeted the leading digital men’s lifestyle publication Gear Patrol to develop a creative look at what it means to take a Scotland culinary adventure.
- 50 INDIVIDUAL PIECES OF CONTENT INCLUDING VIDEO, ESSAYS, GUIDES, RECIPES AND MORE REACHING 50 MILLION+ IMPRESSIONS
- 50+ SOCIAL POSTS ACROSS GEAR PATROL’S FACEBOOK AND INSTAGRAM CHANNELS
- CONVERSION TO BOOKING FOR 15+ TRAVELERS VIA WILDERNESS SCOTLAND
- WINNER OF THE MOST COVETED INDUSTRY AWARD: HSMAI PLATINUM PR AWARD
With a goal of raising national awareness for The Azores and positioning the destination as the “untapped gem of Europe,” LDPR sought to highlight specialist tour operator Azores Getaways as the experts in the region through a relevant media partner. The team identified Condé Nast Traveler as the ideal partner and worked closely with Editor and Videographer Sebastian Modak to travel with Azores Getaways in Fall 2017 for print, digital and social media coverage.
- 5+ PIECES OF DIGITAL EDITORIAL COVERAGE FEATURING AZORES GETAWAYS
- INCLUSION IN “WHERE TO GO 2018” CONTENT + PODCAST
- DEDICATED AZORES VIDEO FEATURED ACROSS CNTRAVELER.COM AND @CNTRAVELER INSTAGRAM
- DIGITAL TAKEOVER OF @CNTRAVELER INSTAGRAM STORIES FEATURING AZORES GETAWAYS
- OVERALL REACH OF 125 MILLION+ IMPRESSIONS
Following on from the launch of Aman Wellness, Aman continued its holistic journey with the introduction of Aman Skincare, a natural extension of the brand. In fall 2018, it was imperative to hit the ground running and gain positive reviews and support ahead of the busy holiday gifting season to ensure visibility and sales within the first three months of launch. Within 90 days the agency garnered 34 placements including a global beauty exclusive with The New York Times.
- GLOBAL EXCLUSIVE WITH THE NEW YORK TIMES IN T MAGAZINE AND THE NY TIMES THURSDAY STYLE SECTION
- SHOWCASED OVER 40 TIMES ACROSS NATIONAL PUBLICATIONS, INCLUDING TRAVEL + LEISURE, ROBB REPORT, AMERICAN SPA, DUJOUR, MODERN LUXURY'S 15 REGIONAL MAGAZINES, AND HOLIDAY GIFT GUIDES
- BUILT UPON THE BRANDS’ LEGACY AS A PROVIDER OF HOLISTIC EXPERIENCES
- ACHIEVED AN AD VALUE OF $2.6 MILLION IN FIVE MONTHS
In an effort to breathe new life into Ocean House’s Farm + Vine series and position the resort as an incubator for top culinary talent, the agency conceived a “Women + Wine” series, featuring four female chefs from around America. With a goal to drive sales and help the property be seen as approachable to a new generation of travelers, the Ocean House partnered with culinary influencer and cookbook author, Gaby Dalkin (@WhatsGabyCookin, 492K followers) to host an exclusive dinner in June 2019. The move would rely on Gaby’s engaged social network to fill the table and achieve success.
THE REACTION FROM GABY DALKIN’S PARTICIPATION WAS UNPRECEDENTED:
- WITHIN ONE WEEK OF TICKET SALES GOING LIVE FOR THE 52-PERSON JUNE EVENT, THE PROGRAM SOLD OUT (100%CAPACITY)
- PRE-EVENT: GABY GENERATED 54,913+ IMPRESSIONS FROM HER INSTAGRAM STORIES, INCLUDING 780 LINK CLICKS TOTHE EVENT LISTING AND 30 POST SHARES WITHIN THE FIRST 24 HOURS
- GABY’S DAY-OF EVENT INSTAGRAM STORIES GENERATED 791,693 +IMPRESSIONS, WITH 2,135+ LINK CLICKS TOTHE OCEAN HOUSE’S INSTAGRAM CHANNEL
- GUESTS TRAVELED FROM LOS ANGELES, OAKLAND, BOSTON AND WASHINGTON D.C. TO PARTAKE IN THE EVENT
- AS A RESULT OF HER ENGAGEMENT /PARTNERSHIP, OCEAN HOUSE’S INSTAGRAM FOLLOWING INCREASED BY 6%
Upon marking its 6th Experience Wellness Media Event in April 2018, Organic Spa Magazine’s goal was to elevate the event beyond the niche wellness sector to go bigger and bolder. LDPR was tasked with revamping the concept, infusing it with a fresh focus to attract top tier attendees across travel, lifestyle, luxury and consumer media. The agency hosted the event at The Pierre, A Taj Hotel, in NYC, redefining its premise to feature the latest from top brands in beauty, travel, fashion and wellness. More than 100 media guests had the opportunity to engage with leading wellness companies through interactive activations and “Wellness Around the Globe” Symposium panel sessions. In between panels, guests were stretched, re-energized and refreshed thanks to Celebrity Fitness Expert Denise Austin. A social media giveaway used a designated hashtag to create social buzz for the brand.
- LDPR SECURED JOURNALISTS FROM THE WALL STREET JOURNAL AND NBC TO PARTICIPATE IN THE "WELLNESS AROUND THE GLOBE" PANELS
- 120+ MEDIA ATTENDED, INCLUDING HARPER'S BAZAAR, NBC, CBS, TRAVEL + LEISURE, CONDÉ NAST TRAVELER, TORY DAILY, ROBB REPORT, VOGUE, ALLURE, AND FORBES
-GENERATED OVER 1 MILLION SOCIAL MEDIA IMPRESSIONS
While many PR firms are mere vendors, LDPR is your strategic advisor. We will work with you to create a specialized, integrated approach to your PR needs. There’s a reason our clients stay with us year after year. If you're ready to take your PR game to the next level, reach out to us.Let's Chat