From use of more outdoor spaces and enhanced digital experiences, to the emphasis on staycations and purposeful experiences, we've rounded up 5 trends to consider this month. Check them out below:
1) Staycations: In stark contrast to last year, travel restrictions have facilitated the rise of the staycation, where guest are seeking closer to home experiences. As such the rise of a "balcony haven" or a "garden oasis" have continued to be a part of the conversation at local hotels, in addition to of course the local appeal of a home away from home.
2) Digital Experience: The internet of things is spreading not only into homes, but also into hotel rooms. From access to streaming services to a room key on your smartphone, the essential hotel amenities in a guest room are becoming increasingly digital. Everything from temperature controls at a push of a button, to in-room smart devices that can tell you the weather and play your favorite song, this trend will continue to rise as the years go on.
3) Use of Outdoor Spaces: With all the restrictions in place, meetings, dining and recreational activities have begun to shift outdoors. Even as the weather turns, it seems guests prefer to spend time outdoors since they've been confined to the walls of their apartment or household. Further, there is a pent-up demand to enjoy the simple pleasures of hiking and biking, visiting state parks and traveling closer to home in a safe way.
4) Purposeful experiences & essentialism: Travel guilt is real. Travelers are looking to spend wisely, purposefully and with the idea that they are making a positive impact on the world. So what does that mean? Find ways to create unique experiences that give back to local communities in meaningful ways, or create an experience that is purposeful to the traveler's desire.
5) Switching up Cocktail Hour: Hotels are providing unique (and Instagram-worthy) cocktail making experiences in room, or investing in a strong cocktail programs at the lobby bar. Whether it's an in-room old-fashion kit, or a personalized bar cart with your favorite cocktails, cocktail hour is changing things up this year and is definitely one not to be missed.
While many PR firms are mere vendors, LDPR is your strategic advisor. We will work with you to create a specialized, integrated approach to your PR needs. There’s a reason our clients stay with us year after year. If you're ready to take your PR game to the next level, reach out to us.Let's Chat